Advice on planning your Family Photoshoot
Whether you have a large family or just your children are being photographed together, there are a few tried and tested rules you can follow to help you plan what to wear for the session.
Here are a few things to consider :
- Look at your home décor - as you will be hanging these photos in your house, you want to make sure the colours of your clothes go with the colour scheme of your home.
- Make sure you choose co-ordinating colours, but they don't need to be matching - pick a couple of colours and choose clothes that will fit in this colour scheme.
- Limit patterns on clothes- clashing patterns may act as a distraction.
- Avoid clothes with characters, words or logos -once again these will detract from the focus of the photograph.
- Plan ahead - if you wait until the day of or day before, you may run into an issue of clothes not fitting, being dirty or need to be dry cleaned.
- Avoid all white or all black clothing – detail can be lost due to these being extremes of the spectrum.
- Textures add interest – textures such as scarves, can add depth and interest without distraction.
- Think about props - these can add interest and variety to your photoshoot such as necklaces, hats, gloves etc.
- Comfort matters - if you aren’t comfortable, however beautiful the clothing, it will show on your face and therefore in your photographs.
- Think ‘timeless’ - these photos will be hanging on your walls and treasured for years to come. By choosing simple, classic clothes you will help give your images a timeless feel.
Don't forget to ask me what props and clothing I have, as I have a large collection for all ages!
If you would like to discuss your photoshoot further, please feel free to contact me: 07947645456
Email: [email protected]