10 Ways to Prepare for your Glamour or Boudoir Shoot
Having taken the brave step to book a glamour or boudoir style photoshoot, you’re now probably a little excited and a little terrified!
Don’t worry -it’s going to be a fun experience and you won’t be expected to do anything you don’t want to do.
Here’s a few tips I’ve gathered to help to you prepare and get the best possible outcomes from your session.
1. Do not apply fake tanner. The camera is only going to enhance that un-natural orange glow you have and you will end up looking weird. However, do apply lotion. By keeping your skin super moisturized, you will create a natural looking glow that will look great on your photographs.
2.Treat yourself and get someone to do your hair and make-up. If possible get your hair and makeup professionally done, get a manicure/pedi, and get false eyelashes put on. They may feel weird, but they photograph well. You always want to exaggerate your features for the camera, especially your eyes and lips.
3. Choose lots of outfits to bring with you. Bring formal and casual clothes, as well as lingerie for some portrait shots and don’t forget to bring a selection of shoes and accessories. It’s great to have lots to choose from on the day. Also bring a dressing gown in case you need to cover up at any point.
4. Purchase some pretty lingerie. Go on, treat yourself! You will probably never do anything like this again, so go for it! Beautiful underwear will make your feel special and give you a confidence boost. Try it on beforehand and make sure you’re happy with how you feel and look. I recommend all in one teddies unless you have a beautiful flat tummy!
5. Think about what you eat and drink at least a couple of days before your photoshoot. One week before your shoot, cut out as much sugar, carbs and processed foods as possible. Your skin will thank you, as well as keep you from looking bloated and puffy. Get as much sleep as you can the night before and eat something light the day of your shoot. No, I certainly don’t mean go on a diet for your shoot!
8. Don’t be nervous…easy to say, but not always easy to achieve. However, be confident that it is my job to put you at ease and bring out your best features (whilst cunningly hiding any bits you’re not keen to share with the world!). I want you to feel beautiful, sexy and confidant!
9. Do this for yourself. No matter who you are doing this boudoir shoot for, deep down it is really for YOU. So…let’s have fun! And remember, I NEVER post your photos without your permission, so if all else fails, there’s only me and you that will see them.
10. Think carefully about who to bring with you. Many people bring a friend or relative for moral support, which is fine. However, in my experience, they’re best left outside the studio as you can feel self-conscious in front of them.
Finally, please feel free to contact me or come and visit me if you have any questions or worries.
Telephone :07947 645456
Email: [email protected]